Snowy Tuesday

I think that I eliminated a previous post about a Snowy Sunday-where I complained that there was snow on the ground.  Now there is another snow storm, this time leaving about 3".  It doesn't last long, but it's still here.  The temperature was in the single digits the other night.

I did have a funny incident today.  Early this morning, I didn't hear my alarm, so my roomie had to wake me.  She was cool about it, actually thought it was funny.  later on in the day, I came home from work and flopped on my bed.  Patrice, my roomie, was taking a shower and an alarm started going off.  I assumed it was her alarm and when she got out of the shower, she would respond to it.  I just pulled my hearing aids and continued to lay around.  She comes out of the bathroom and tells me it is not her alarm, but a fire alarm, only a drill, but we still have to respond to it.  So much for ignoring alarms.

Work is still going well.  I was in the lobby today, keeping the place neat and helping tourists.  We had about 3 bus loads of Asian tourists, most who can't really speak English, so it was fun trying to figure out what was needed.  There is always somebody who can communicate better.  I also have figured out that it's usually hot water they are looking for.

I actually have 2 days off this week, Friday and Saturday, my first since I've been here.  One of my friends, Christine, are planning to go on whatever tour there is that day.  We don't care.  Just let us on the bus.

One of the guys who has been at Yellowstone for many years, has a reputation for showing movies in the lounge on Friday nights.  This week is Casablanca.  When he heard my name was Margaret Mitchell, he said he'll have to find Gone with the Wind for sure.

I finally am getting my new uniforms to match everyone else in the Geyser Grill--black shirts, khaki pants, black belt, black hat and maroon apron.  If I ever get the ability to add photos, I will send some.

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see your new uniform. You sound like you might be dangerous in that uniform. Have fun. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ongoing story, Than does miss you, but he is getting alot of female company! Mel, Maggie Mueller, Flora and I were all there one day! Are you still in Geritol Hall? That is a fantastic name! Stay well..and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures