Finally, Wifi




Just regular bison photos that I can't get to the bottom of this blog.  More further down with the story that makes sense.




I'm sitting in a McDonalds in West Yellowstone, Montana, because they have Wifi.  Yeah.  There is still no Wifi at the park.  it was suppose to be fixed over the weekend, but it's not.  Probably when I get back, it will be, but it is nice to get away from  Old Faithful and all the tourist, not to mention the log pine trees.  If I never see another pine tree, it will be ok because that is all I see here.

Rose, my roomie, and I went to Mammoth Springs on Friday.  What a great day.  I was anxious to see some Red Dogs, the nickname for baby bison.  We did manage to see them in stages.  At one point, we were tied up in traffic for over 90 minutes because of a Bison jam.  We were told about 300 crossed the road.  That wasn't bad enough, so then a few of them decided to take a nap in the middle of the road.  The Park Rangers finally were able to wake them and send them on their way, but not before traffic was backed up for many, many miles. We didn't get to see any of them, but we did see the evidence that they were there. On the way
 home, we were backed up for about 30 minutes.  Rose found it less stressful than in California, her home state, because it was probably bison, not an accident. 
First sighting.  Very clear with binoculars, but not so with a camera, hence the circle.  Than asked if it was a ground hog.

This is the second sighting, Than asked if I shot them all.
Srill second sighting

Best View

These guys were part of the second bison jam, but were still close to the road when we passed, so it was a pretty neat shot.  This little guy already is getting horns.  Since I'm having problems getting the photos where I want them, I'm ending this blog bur will continue with another one.


Comments

  1. I feel much better now that I can read your blog. Interesting a traffic jam with buffaloes. Not so much around here and besides they are bison.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures