Hiking photos

I was suppose to go on a hike today, but the ringleader canceled out.  There are still a few trails in this area I haven't been on yet, but I didn't go today.  I did sign up for a trip to Jackson Hole area and another trip to a Pow-wow in Cody.  the Jackson Hole trip is basically a shopping trip, but a few of us from Obsidian are going together and making it a girls day out.  As for the Pow-wow, I've been told it is the real deal and well worth making the time to go.  It is in Cody. 

Last night was a beautifully clear night with the Milky Way quite visible.  I didn't see it, but I heard it was great.  They turn out the lights in most of the parking areas to make it even better.

Attached are some photos from yesterday's hike.  As Than said, I could tell you they are from anytime as the trees never change here.  The majority of the forest is Pole Pines.  I did see a Yellow-bellied Marmot, but truth be told, I only knew it because folks along the trail saw it and lent me their binoculars, with good instructions where is was located.  Can't really say it looked much different than a ground hog from that distance. 

Castle Geyser


Castle geyser

Castle geyser

Another view of Castle Geyser, I think

Another geyser, maybe grotto or not

Shield Spring

Caldera that I live in

Long shot of same caldera

Catfish Geyser

Another Geyser, maybe catfish

Catfish, again

Giant Geyser

Not sure what, just a neat shot

Grotto Geyser

Long view of Old Faithful

Grotto Geyser, I think

another view of Grotto Geyser

Comments

  1. Really nice pictures. Why catfish geyser? Quite a water feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots! Some are real postcard material. Wow a pow wow...get some sweet grass and sage bundles...great for clearing negative energies and spirits! I would love a nice piece of obsidian too. It's always nice to have something to keep an eye out for at pow wow and shopping excursions or you get overwhelmed. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures