Ears and feet

On Tuesday, I had a long over due appointment with my Otolaryngologist who is getting all set up to perform more surgery in November on the growth in my left ear.  We started this procedure last year with the first surgery, and are now completing the process of removing the "goop" I don't remember exactly what it is called. anyway, it's non-cancerous, and if left untreated I would lose all hearing in that ear, regardless of hearing aid.  It's same day surgery, not painful at all.  In Yellowstone, friends quickly learned to use my right ear if they really wanted me to hear what they were saying, and they also were adept at repeating the important parts that I missed, not the whole sentence.  Hard to explain.

I also had a funny observation.  Well, funny to me. When I was getting dressed for the doctors appointment, I put on a pair of Mary Jane  style shoes, plain leather shoe with a single strap across ones instep. Then when I was stretched out on the examination chair, feet raised, I looked at my feet and realized how very white they were as compared to my legs.  I had been wearing sneakers all summer and outdoors a lot. It just struck me as funny.  I would have worn socks!

Another one of the good things about being home is the Wednesday Farmers Market.  It is a vibrant  collection of folks with varied interests and talents selling their wares-maybe 50 vendors or so. It is housed in a large open building with stands on both sides and a row down the middle.  there are many outdoor stands, especially this time of year, featuring a lot of veggies and fruit, some flea market style sellers, a few plant stands, and a few food stands, e.g. ice cream, Thai food (sometimes) all in all, a really nice market.  I met Mary S before hand for a coffee and some conversation then off to the market where I  managed to buy some corn, the last of the season, peaches and whoopie pies. 

The bridge construction is going strong.  Today we, Than, Flora, Richard, Angie, Jeannine and myself were sitting on the deck watching from the distance as the giant cranes were doing their dance.  Hopefully the attached pictures show it somewhat.  We were entertained, but then we are easily entertained.  It just makes life that much more enjoyable.  Enjoy the rest of you day.
There are 6 cranes in the picture and 1 duck in the foreground

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures