Knife Lessons

Today was a rather full day.  it started with sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast.  Yummy.  the food here is pretty good.  it seems the quality is the same as the big restaurants, just buffet  style with limited choices. 

after that we had a session on food safety and ways to prevent poisoning our guests.  which is really a good idea.  Then in the afternoon, a tour of the kitchen with explanations of what all the huge equipment was for.  part of that tour was a lesson on how to use the knives, chopping, slicing, dicing and generally getting to know my way around the place.  I will be a dishwasher for now.  if i wanted to be a chef, I could definitely move up the line. (Not at all interested) although just about every pep talk the trainers give stress that we  are all part of the same team.  That the dishwashers are just as important as anybody because we are the suppliers of clean dishes.  I can't help but chuckle, but that's all, no snide remarks.   A woman named Bev who is a retired nurse, in her 60's is one of the other dishwashers.  the whole kitchen crew seems nice and friendly

My roomie moved to another dorm which makes me very happy.  she really didn't like me, could you imagine? Everybody likes me.  actually, she was kind of annoying, stereotypical New York City attitude.  her one redeeming value was a general dislike of POTUS and she was quite verbal about it.  I am saying nothing at all about politics.  Nothing.

Tomorrow, Monday, I will actually be working.  The dining room for the Snow Lodge isn't open, so we will be learning the machines in the EDR, employee dining room.  I will actually work a full 8 hour day.  oh my, how will I survive.

I've added some photos in no particular order.  Thanks  for reading along my twisted journey
Old Faithful ready to erupt

Neat trim on one of the buildings

Snow Lodge where i work

Outside of my Dorm showing snow
Why the Post Office isn't opened yet.

Elk in field next to parking lot

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures