Full Moon Adventure

Yesterday (Tuesday) was the day after the full moon and it actually worked out to see Old Faithful erupt under it.  I've wanted to see that while on this adventure.  Now to see a red dog bison.

The full moon adventure started out with 5 of us (Rose, Christine Julie, Jasmine and myself) heading out about 10:30, about the time the moon was scheduled to rise with the geyser suppose to go off about 11.  Unfortunately, there was a cloud bank that hid it while Old Faithful was erupting, and the moon was just not very bright at that time.  We did eventually see the moon rise and it was fun being out in the chilly night with no one else around, having a generally good time.  Rose brought a good chocolate bar, Christine always has salty snacks.  We all went back to the residence, not really satisfied with the venture.  I went to my room, and started reading a book that I got caught up in.  About 1 AM, I peeked out my window and saw the moon high in the sky and quite bright.  I estimated what time the geyser would erupt and it was within 30 minutes of then, so I dressed warmly and headed out.  It was so cool.  I did manage to see the eruption under the full moon.  It was rather dreamlike, not quite as dramatic as it is in the daylight, but still spectacular.  Next time, I want to see it erupt from a different angle.

That was my big adventure for the day.  I did go to a program at the Visitors Center about biodiversity in the park.  There is a program every evening these days so I'm planning to see a few of them as my schedule permits.  They are ranger led, in the auditorium with Q & A afterwards. 

We had such a great dinner tonight at the EDR, Huckleberry Chicken.  It looked a little strange, but the taste was very good.  We also had a really nice appetizer trays, but that was left overs from a manager meeting.  I guess it's the little things that matter.  No pictures, but there will be soon.

This blog is probably going to be late because for some reason, probably the Wifi here, it won't publish. Damn Wifi







Comments

  1. I wish I had been with you that sounds beautiful, and listen to Holly she has a good eye for that sort of view and surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That full moon and Old Faithful sounds magical...I got an email from Maggie Mueller..she is in Ecuador..very far from me..but really loving it. Ain't we just globe trotters?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures