Mammoth adventure

The previous blog, I mentioned Mammoth Springs, but didn't include any picture.  It was so beautiful, with such different colors and plants, still mostly pole pines, but some neat flowers.

One of the highlights of the trip was eating at the Mammoth Spring Dining room.  We actually had a choice of what to eat, someone brought it to the table, and probably most impressively, we had real plates and cups with handles.  At the EDR we had plastic trays and only plastic glasses--(is that an oxymoron??)  I had Elk Sliders.  MMmmm.  Of course it cost real money, but it was well worth it.

My suite mate Brenda is moving to another room.  One of our mutual friends, Christine, is having issues with crappy roommates and Brenda isn't happy with her current roommate, although she isn't crappy.  So Brenda moving down the hall makes sense.  Since I'm very happy with my roomie, and she with me, I'll have to see how many suite mates I can go through.  There are still new folks coming in every week.  I feel like an old-timer.  Oh wait.  I am.

Well, since I am in West Yellowstone for only 3 hours, I'm going to take advantage of the shopping and eating opportunities.  I'm looking for an Italian restaurant because I have been craving Spaghetti and Meatballs.  Although a hoagie wouldn't be bad either.  The Employee Rec Center has various trips, this one to West Yellowstone.  I took the opportunity to go just to use the Wifi at Mickey D's.  Enjoy the attached pictures.
This guy was standing in front of our car.  Bison close up are not pretty
Pretty flowers 
Mammoth Springs



Pretty flowers

close up of next picture at Mammoth Springs (MS)

Full shot of previous picture

Terraces at MS

Spring pond at MS

More terraces at MS

Neat tree


Rock formation at MS

Hole

Dead tree

some berried shrup

Long view


Grassy Spring






Neat view on the way to MS

Dangerous Ground, no shit!!

On the road to MS

Fire Hole Geyser

Closer view of Fire Hole Geyser

Cute ground squirrel who posed for me


Comments

  1. love the terrain, glad you are getting around! Rick and I are moving to a new house on the 1st of July...only about 2 miles away, but still the whole moving thing. It is very muddy where we are and with 5 dogs...I am constantly mopping. The new house is higher up and has good drainage and is designed to drain off rapidly. It rains a lot here and March ,April and May are actual rainy season.. I am rehearsing an original farce being directed by the playwright and performing Mary Todd Lincoln for a benefit this Saturday and moving...so it is very busy right now. Keep blogging I check for your posts daily!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures