West Yellowstone

Once again, I'm in West Yellowstone, doing some sightseeing and using the wifi.  I'm in a sweet little shop called the Book Peddler that also has a coffee and snack shop.  Mmmm.  Cappuccino and Snickerdoodles.  What a lovely lunch.

While I was here, I checked out the Yellowstone Historic Center Museum.  I was an early railroad station that folks visiting Yellowstone had to stop to get the stagecoach into Yellowstone.  The train doesn't go into the park.  Also, there are just some cute shops and regular tourist places, a thousand motels and restaurants.
cute shop

cute shop display

Outside museum, also there is actual grass.  Real stuff that gets mowed.  Never thought I would miss grass

Bison similar to this are all over West Yellowstone

Outside museum

outside museun

Inside museum


They actually encouraged bears to beg at cars.  Also set up garbage dumps to attract bears.  At that time there were about 50 bear caused injuries a year compared to one or none now.  And more dignity for the bears.






Hopefully I can add more pictures after the museum pictures.  If they mixed in, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

On the way here, I stopped to take a shot of maybe Hayes Mountain.  That may not be the name, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway.  Also, another set of rainbow pictures.  These are the ones I mentioned in the last blog.  I'm planning on doing another blog with hiking pictures.  It seems it's either feast or famine with pictures.  

Mt. Hayes


Double rainbow, but you have to look closely


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

Than's Knee