Aggressive Acorn Alert!!

We are having a bumper crop of acorns this year. The acorn abundance varies from season to season.  Some years, there are hardly any acorns.  This year if you sit anywhere under the trees, you'll get hit or have a near miss.  Those little suckers hurt you when they are falling from 40-50 feet, and the wind is blowing.  sometimes it sounds like machine gun firing.  We had an funny incident a few years ago when a visitor who lives and works in some small city's police department somewhere, not a police officer.  He was sitting on the deck with us when an acorn hit one of the empty vintage metal chairs with a loud "thwang" He dove under the table so quickly we were all dumbfounded about what he was doing.  Of course, we laughed at him and made fun of him, but since he was a visitor, he had to put up with the ribbing.  I always wonder what his version of that event he told to his friends...

Yeah, I hear this single shot, sounds like a 38 or maybe a ricochet, so I took cover, and those three just sat there looking with amazement and then ridicule.  Since I was the visitor, I had to put up with it.

Funny how perspective changes things, or at least the appearance of changing things.

We, Than and I, are getting ready for SHARE camping this weekend.  It is my first camping since last season.  I actually went winter camping in February. That was part of the price to pay for working at YNP. Of course, right now in Yellowstone, it is 35 degrees. another reason to be happy to be home. Bloomsburg Fair is going on this week and both Elaine and Clara have to miss it.  Unfair. Next year for sure.

Another thing that is consuming time is getting ready for the Celebration of Steve Mitchell's Life being held on October 4 from 5 to 10 at the Campus Theater in Lewisburg. Pretty much the same group that put Keep Steve Drumming fund raiser together.  Annie C and I are doing food so that' keeping me thinking.  Oh my, I don't want it so sound like a chore.  I enjoy working with these folks preparing for the event.  And I don't have to make the food, just buy it.
That big old head gets too heavy to hold up sometimes.

Cranes and  bridge in the background

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures