Clara's Birthday

Today, September 13, is my Granddaughter Clara's birthday.  One way she celebrated was having back surgery yesterday.  There was a bulging disk that was repaired yesterday, and today we're at Friendly's celebrating. In all seriousness, she is felling great and in great spirits.  She has some physical therapy to do, but expects a full recovery including going back to dog grooming.
A few hours after surgery.  Susan wouldn't let me record anything as she was coming out of anesthesia--not that she said anything, but nonetheless.
As you probably figured out after that Clara picture, my new phone has a better camera than the previous one.  I could have had photo remembrance of Old Faithful under a full moon with this one as there are quite a few manual adjustments if one chooses to use them.  I also figured out how to attach my camera to our spotting scope with this neat gizmo Than bought.  I've attached a few photos from that.

I just changed locations.  I was writing alone in my office, while Flora was downstairs reading through some of Steve's stuff and Than was watching TV.  It occurred to me, part of doing the blog from Yellowstone was the social aspects of usually writing while in the lounge.  So now I'm in the sunporch room, being social as I write.

One of the very nice things about being home is the gardens around our house.  While I was gone, Maggie and Michael did a surprise garden renovation, including saving many in ground plants that would have been destroyed in the construction of this summer.  One of the funny thing is a tall yellow plant of unknown origin aka weed, that appeared in a very nice location. I did have to prop it up a bit for the photo.  Maggie assumed I had planted it there, and I assumed M & M planted it there.  It was just a very nice volunteer.  Flora also added some touches to the garden, including the wicker couch.  I added yet another bouquet of wild flowers for the picture.  Just moments after I took the picture, the tall yellow plant just fell over. Oh well.  It looked good all summer.

I can't believe that my granddaughter is 23.  I don't feel much older than that on my good days.  Of course there are days when I feel like 123.  lol.
Scott

Than



Me!!


Canada Geese

not actually the same geese, but in the same area, with help from my camera

This one is just the scope.  I don't know how to edit enough yet to get rid of the scope effect.

Garden redo thanks to Michael and Maggie




Long Shot



Comments

  1. Mike and Maggie did a wonderful job on your garden, but I'm glad you were home to take care of it now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures