Picking Flowers




One of the things I missed while in YNP was picking flowers.  It was strictly prohibited and taken quite seriously.  So Rose and I and sometimes Steve, would walk past the meadows of flowers and not be allowed to pick any.  I have a lot of pretty pictures, and a book of flowers to eventually identify them, but I had no flowers.  Now that I'm home, there are very many wildflowers, weeds and regular flower gardens that I can freely pick. I have had about 3-4 bouquets that I enjoyed in the garden.  They looked lovely at the party, along with the huge bouquet that Dan S. brought to the party.  All of that to tell you  the story of the flower picture.  I like showing the yellowstone readers some stuff from here. the phones are too slow to send many pictures, so I put them here in the blog.
Most of this bouquet is from my neighbors garden.  They left for Florida and give me permission to help myself.  except for the first bloom of the peonies. 


Speaking of flowers, at my going home party Rose bought some plastic flowers --like the meadow flowers we enjoyed seeing --for the centerpiece of the table.  How very thoughtful. There are some aspects of my YNP life that I really miss. but to quote Dr. Seuss..Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I had to wash my yellow shirt that everyone had autographed.  I was confident that Rose would have the proper pens available. But just in case, I took some photos of the shirt.  Well, the shirt came out clean without a trace of hamburger juice, beer, corn-on-the-cob, etc that I managed to smear on it during the party. I'm attaching photos.

Also, I changed settings, so if you tried responding and couldn't, try again please.  It worked for Peggy.

front of shirt

Back of Shirt

sleeve

This one made me cry, but then again, I'm a rather teary person sometimes.

still the back



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures