Weddings Galore

Much to my surprise, and to almost everyone else, my daughter Elaine eloped with Chris to Nashville to get married on Friday 13th.  I'm not sure if the date was planned, or just circumstance, but married they are.  After the initial shock, I'm pleased that she actually found someone she feels that secure with.  Chris seems like a nice guy judging from one dinner together, but if Elaine thinks "He's the one!" that's good enough for me.  I look forward to meeting my son-in-laws family.  That felt funny saying son-in-law.  I was teasing Elaine that she married a grandfather.  All in all, she and Chris pulled off the surprise of the year. She told us via text and photos.  I hope I can get them in the proper rotation as each picture became a better and better clue.  Ken, Than and I were sitting on the deck enjoying the day as these pictures came through a few minutes apart.  what a tease!  I appreciate it much more today than I did on Friday. Shock can do that to you.
This was the first picture, it's hard to tell here, but it is a 1/4 moon rise.  I thought it might me an engagement announcement.

Elaine and Chris

At this point, both Than and Ken said they eloped.  

This was the kicker. "Holy shit" was all I could say. Like I said, shock. Join Than and I in wishing them the best life has to offer. Congratulations 


The other marriage was Heather and Steve B. at Wonderland, Shermans Dale, PA.  These are camping friends so it was really like a reunion for me as I missed all the summer festivals and camping trips by living at YNP.  What a trade off. Anyway, we all expect the bride to glow on her wedding day, and Heather was no exception.  But I never saw a groom glow anywhere near as much as Steve managed.  He cleans up pretty well, too. At Wonderland, a summer place for some friends, they had a large white tent in the center of a meadow that was edged by forest.  Very private and very pretty.  Idyllic comes to mind. What a  great way to celebrate a marriage and all it means.  Someone was passing a journal around asking folks to give some marriage, life, love, etc. advice for the couple.  You can tell I was in YNP, my advice was "Stay Hydrated". Words to live by.
Heather and Steve


Cake smearing episode.  Trish made the cake,  her first ever wedding cake and it was delicious.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures