All zipped up

All of my crew of friends have left or are leaving YNP.  After the restaurants and lodges close, a few hardy souls stay on to zip it up and winterize.  There is about a 6-8 week break, depending on your job, and then back to open some areas for winter at YNS in early December. the Geyser Grill is in Snow Lodge which you might guess is the hotel that is open for the winter season along with cabins scattered around.  The winter season ends late in March.  In April, The whole cycle starts again.  I was in the very early wave of employees.  In retrospect, I would have preferred starting in May, but I had to leave in August anyway for our party.  It could go on without me here, but it would have been very unfair to Than, especially. Besides that, I really enjoy our party especially now that it lasts a few days with friends helping with set-up and then clean-up.

As far as where folks are heading--Rose is still visiting in Iowa, visiting with her daughter and heading to California and her life there next week sometime. Brenda is taking a break in Florida with family until early December when she is returning to YNP for the winter season.  Steve is in Nebraska with his mom and looking at Key West as a possible destination.  I keep telling him that he has a friend in Pennsylvania. Julie and Christine are both headed to Texas. Coincidentally, they are from the same general area in Texas.
Brenda, Steve, me and Rose taken at the Cowboy Cookout

Brenda, Christine and Lora, Italian suite mate

Steve, me and Rose at Fairy Falls


This is such a beautiful time to be in Pennsylvania. The changing seasons is exactly what my essence, my soul needs. I went to see my sister, Marie, yesterday, Tuesday.  The drive itself was beautiful, and I was excited because I haven't seen my sister in almost six months.  then the cherry  on top, nephew Mark was there.  We drove into Pottsville to look at a possible apartment for Marie and to show me the one she is most likely moving into soon.  She's been at that house for over 50 years.  It gives me incentive to downsize, at least a bit. We enjoyed a lunch of leftover pasta with pesto that Flora had made for Than and I the previous day. I packed two whole boxes for Marie. I'll be there when she actually moves her toothbrush.  She's done that for me a few times!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures