Finally, relaxation

It finally feels like I can relax and stop juggling stuff that needed to get done.  It was harder than I thought it would be to leave Yellowstone, and getting back home where I needed to jump in with two feet to the midst of life here was sometimes quite annoying. Oh poor me. I had to be part of planning two great parties. And if I have to say so myself, both our 18th Annual Sunday of Labor Day party and the Celebration of Life of Steve Mitchell were great parties.  I was just a small spoke in the wheel that moved the Celebration of Life.  Now I have no excuse to be in a cloud because of stuff on my mind.  I'll bet I find one.

Sunday morning I was listening to the TED Hour on NPR.  They were talking about Maslov's Hierarchy of needs.  I was pleased to hear that one of the things I talk about and consider important is one of the things Maslov actually named. Peak Experience. I refer to it as Snowballs. We have to gather the little things in life that make us happy and enjoy them, roll them into a snowball, and start building.  Enjoy the rest of your day.
Long view from my sunporch deck


a pile. Happiness, contentment, peace, whatever one would call it.  It doesn't come in an avalanche, but is a pile of snowballs, or enjoying a Peak Experience.

As Autumn deepens, the bird migrations are very entertaining.  Earlier today, my dog, Ganzer, decided to go after the Canada Geese in the river.  They just made a lot of noise and the dog didn't bother any more.  Maybe he's not as much Lab as I give him credit for being. Hmm. Picture is of the flock he was interested in chasing, his version of playing. 

Comments

  1. I'll bet cancer was just afraid of the Ducks, or geese, what a pussy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures