Post Thanksgiving Post

Life sometimes gets hectic and I just don't get around to blogging with you. I will eventually. Better late than never????

Anyway, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, as is my birthday, although that is much more personal.  Celebrating Thanksgiving starts with a dinner on T-Day that I lovingly call our Lost Souls Dinner.  This year Than and I had 15 people sharing food with us.  Everyone brought at least one side dish or bottle of something and dinner was great.  For the past few years, I have been cooking the turkey on Wednesday and just reheating it on Thursday.  It is so simple, easy to carve when its cool and everyone agreed that it tasted freshly cooked, but then again, they were guests in MY home.  what else could they say.  You may have noticed I said nothing about our family members.  That's because they show up for left-overs on Friday.  We call it 2nd Day Thanksgiving.  Of course, Steve was only there in spirit, but we still enjoyed the day and are grateful for what we have.

I am getting to know Chris better.  One thing we do is just silly now, but it started out in real astonishment.  I look at him laughing and say, "Son-in-law", he responds in kind with "Mother-in-law" Maybe you have to be there to enjoy the humor of it. 

No pictures.  I did get some painting in, but it was a busy week.  More next week.  Enjoy December

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures