Than's Knee

Basic information about Than and his injured his knee.  On Monday evening, Than stood up too quickly, (imagine that!) tripped over his feet and fell, managing to take out two rockers near him as he did dance moves to avoid falling, but alas, did fall.  Tuesday morning, Christmas Eve, he wakes up with a swollen knee causing too much pain to actually walk on it.  Ice, Tylenol, rest and no real relief but with the aid of a wheelchair left over from Steve, he could get around but not any stairs. Thursday, 12/26, he saw his primary care doctor who recommended orthopedic care.  Friday morning, Than saw the orthopedic physician assistant who drained 125ml of fluid from his knee, put him in a full leg restraint, ordered xray where the bone  looked fractured (maybe tibia plateau fracture?) but was proven wrong  by the CAT scan.  He will see the Orthopedist on Tuesday. Details to follow. As if today, Monday, he is able to get around with the walker, but it exhausts him. He will try the steps tonight.  Nothing like sleeping in your own bed for a good night sleep.

As a result of this injury, we feel we must cancel our New Year Eve Party.  Sometimes the gods are just not cooperating with our social life.  At one time or another, all of my friends said, What can I do to help?  Well, here's the chance.  here's a party.....Let me know what I can do to help you...

The watercolor painting is going well.  I like more of my stuff than the stuff I'm unhappy with.  It is still fun.  Elaine gave me a wonderful book about watercolor florals that are just super cool.  Pictures to follow in another blog.  I haven't tried any yet.  Than and Stu put their heads together and came up with a studio area in our sunroom.  I feel so grown-up sometimes.  

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience I may have caused by cancelling the party at our hour.  Happy New Year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wolf Video from Yellowstone

Art, just mostly my art.

More pictures